Past, Present and Future
PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE
Created in 1994, Documática resulted from a spin-off of the Business Unit (BU) Payment Systems and Counters Automation of Papelaco Telemática.
The company focused its activity on payment systems, developing a payment systems solution, based on imaging technology and 100% portuguese know-how.
Recognized for innovative projects carried out in different markets, the founders materialized a process of technological development focused on innovation, allowing to offer the market solutions based on 2 disruptor paradigms:
- Process Reengineering and Digital Transformation - based on the Dematerialization of documents and workflows
- Integration with Legacy and Core Systems and Vertical Solutions
In 2004, it began a new business development strategy with the creation of BU Enterprise Transformation to market solutions for capture and management of business content - based on international reference solutions, it was concluded that they had licensing and implementation costs unsuited to the size of the national market.
Within the scope of a NITEC project, in 2006 the ID&T centre specialised in document capture and management solutions and business process automation was created. In 2008, the activity was extended to Payment Systems.
The nucleus created competitiveness in the target markets with the offer of scalable and functionally differentiated solutions.
The evolution of the company in the period between 2013 and 2016 reflects, on the one hand, the global crisis experienced in that period (with special emphasis on the banking sector) and, on the other hand, the transformation of the business models in the area in which it operates with an increasing adoption of solutions in the SaaS model. In 2017 the company starts a turnaround process in its different areas of competitiveness
Documática, is a leading company in innovation and digital transformation, specialized in dematerialization and process transformation, with particular focus on initiatives related to:
- Financial business reengineering and automation,
- Public administration reform and modernisation.
The objective of Documática is to enable organizations to be more competitive in the go-to-market and achieve efficiency, quality and transparency in their processes, through automated and predictive and "eco friendly" applications systems.
- We distinguish ourselves by a permanent passion for Innovation which, through a complete portfolio of solutions and services, allows us to deliver results, quality and excellence;
- We have the right solution with the right value, suited to the size and needs of each client.
Documática develops its activities in the banking and insurance markets, central and local public administration, automotive industry, hospitality, logistics and distribution and retail, providing solutions and services in the following areas:
- Payment Systems - automation and dematerialization of payment processing processes and interbank clearing;
- Includes systems to combat fraud in the issue and payment of checks.
- Cash Management - automation and dematerialization of value management processes;
- Intelligent Automation - automation of multichannel information capture and process dematerialization and orchestration, information predictive management;
- Outsourcing - office managed services.
We have implemented a unique system for creating solutions, based on a philosophy of permanent collaboration with our clients based on the assumption that financial, governmental, services, commerce and industry entities share, at a functional and technological level, quite similar needs:
- Design oriented to the reengineering of processes and the reduction of operating costs;
- Availability of a set of core functionalities, scalable in performance and volumetry, which allow the addition of new functionalities resulting from the evolution of the business and specific legislation and norms.
We are one of the main suppliers of payment and capture systems and electronic information archive for financial institutions and public administration in Portugal, with clients in Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Senegal and Ivory Coast.
- We have delivered over 500 turnkey projects in Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Senegal and Ivory Coast.
Our strategic objective is to expand our presence in foreign markets, a natural geographical scope for the sustained development of the company, through innovative solutions and services based on a SaaS business model. The go-to-market international will be supported by two ongoing initiatives:
- Internationalization project, developed in the scope of individual projects - Internationalization of SMEs in Portugal 2020;
- New solutions and services resulting from the IUXAdvances Project "Intelligent User Experience Advances.
A FUTURE WITH HISTORY
The evolution of the documentary supply will be based on the adoption of cognitive technologies, which will make available the following new lines of solutions:
- Intelligent Automation;
- Predictive Cash Management and Automation;
- Cognitive Payment Systems.
The IUXAdvances project "Intelligent User Experience Advances" is already underway, with which we intend to take personalization to new levels, through the adoption of cognitive technologies (based on the different levels of artificial intelligence), voice and mobility with the aim of creating a unique experience for each user of the solutions.
Through this project, Documatica intends to develop new global and innovative solutions that meet the current needs of customers:
i. New visions of knowledge about information, because accumulating information does not produce knowledge by itself
ii. Streamlining and simplifying business processes
iii. Application interoperability
iv. Handling information efficiently, quickly and safely
v. Application architecture flexibility